Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Odd Markings on Felicity

  1. #11
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just checked Samantha2 and she has it!!!! going to see if Scarlett has it, she is premattel too!

    Just checked! she has it too! only it is fainter than Samantha2's!

    Now what does this symbol mean?

    OK also found it on some of the mattel ones too! Nancy Drew, Molly, Felicity have it. Nellie does not have it.
    [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 16, 2004 10:17 PM: Message edited by: AGTeacher ]</font>

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Shawniec's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow! I am in the midst of a busy weekend (watching my sister's kids while she and her DH go away for the weekend), so I just got the chance to check in.
    Oh well, all I can say is that I love my Lissie whether she is pre-Mattel or not, but I sure would like to know what this signature is all about!!
    Shawn

  3. #13
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    Bummer. So much for my idea of it being a way to identify them as Pre-mattel. Oh WAIT! Do yours have tags? I noticed that this one does not have a side tag either.

  4. #14
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    No Johanna, none of mine have tags on them either so maybe you are on to something [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Kim

  5. #15
    Inactive Member retrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay, guess this was a good thread to revive! I only know Felicity is Pre-Mattel (since I've not seen nor heard anything conclusive re: mark) cuz she is plumpier, redder in hair color and looks different that todays. Now this evening I looked behind Addy's hair and she has a mark but couldn't really tell what it is cuz too dark (need sunlight to really see). I always wondered about her cuz she doesn't seem to have the same face as the new ones I've seen in picts. And she is just as tall as pm Felicity and as plump! Hmmmmmm....It would be nice if we came with anything conclusive.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All my girls have it: 1986 white-bodied Kirsten, 1991 Felicity, and 1993 Addy. I am the original owner of Kirsten and Felicity, so I know they must have come from the factory that way. Strange... I never noticed it before. On Kirsten it was really hard to see since she's so old and it was really faint and almost under her wig- her little short hairs covered it.

  7. #17
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    OK, I have also looked and found the same marking on a Sam doll that belongs to a friend. Her Samantha was bought around 10 years ago. She is the original owner and also a pre-mattel purchase. So that takes out that the markings were added away from the factory. There are also NO stars on her limbs.

    Now, I looked over my white bodied Samantha. She does not have the signature marking or the stars either. But she is white bodied and more easily identified as pre-mattel.

    I think we are on to something ladies! Looks like we do have a signature marking to date some of the dolls. I think this will be a nice thing to investigate more.

  8. #18
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    I just checked my pre-Mattel, Kirsten, Addy, and both Samanthas. None of them have the stars and none have any marks on the neck around the right ear. Neither of the Samanthas are white-bodied. I bought them all on ebay so I am not sure about their dates, but they are all definitely pre-Mattel.

    Kim [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 17, 2004 12:46 AM: Message edited by: courtneysunshine ]</font>

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Our '94 Molly and Kirsten do not have any markings around their ears.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My 1995 Felicity with a 1998 head has no tags or markings! [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •